Need help with Construction Project Management? As project managers we can help you manage your project from start to end and ensure its successful delivery.
Our construction project management team has extensive experience in the construction industry, providing project management, cost management, quantity surveying, health and safety compliance, technical due diligence reporting, project monitoring and construction consultancy services to many clients throughout Central and Eastern Europe, Central Asia and Africa.
The type of projects include offices, banks, hotels, hospitals, warehouses, retail malls, residential, agricultural operations, schools and universities as well as major infrastructure projects; with projects ranging in size from US$10,000 to US$200,000,000.
In 2021, G. Miller International has merged with BHP INTERNATIONAL GEORGIA to achieve wider regional coverage and synergy. Please see the Company profile
We operate throughout the Caucasus region as well as in Central and Eastern Europe, Central Asia and Africa. Our services are provided for a variety of clients and organizations, from multi-national corporations, Political and Commercial Banks, insurance companies, commercial development organizations and international finance agencies.
We manage using internationally accepted guidelines for better handling risks and uncertainties.
We are strongly committed to sustainable property development, construction and management. Staff have extensive experience working on several LEED and BREEAM certified projects in the region. Sustainability is an integral part of the development process and we can work with you to ensure your future construction output and occupation meets all aspects of sustainability and a low carbon footprint. We can provide support in the choice of industry Rating Scheme and give cost advice to support both the choice of the scheme and the level within the chosen scheme to be attained.
Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR)
We recognise that we must integrate our business values and operations to meet the expectations of our stakeholders. They include customers, employees, investors, suppliers, the community and the environment.
- We recognise that our social, economic and environmental responsibilities to these stakeholders are integral to our business. We aim to demonstrate these responsibilities through our actions and within our corporate policies.
- We take seriously all feedback that we receive from our stakeholders and, where possible, maintain open dialogue to ensure that we fulfil the requirements outlined within this policy.
- We shall be open and honest in communicating our strategies, targets, performance and governance to our stakeholders in our continual commitment to sustainable development.
- The Managing Partner is responsible for the implementation of this policy and will make the necessary resources available to realise our corporate responsibilities. The responsibility for our performance on this policy rests with all employees throughout the company.
Helping to achieve the right project, to the desired level of quality within the given time and budget constraints are our key priorities when managing projects on behalf of Clients.
Our approach to each project is underlined by a number of key philosophies and expectations. We select personnel who will take full ownership of a project and become the Client’s lead adviser, acting as their key point of contact with the Developer, his design team and the Contractor. We establish clear reporting lines and set up identifiable project reporting goals at the commencement of a project based on the following:-
Co-operative team working – Our role is not just to manage and monitor but to also add value by helping the Developer’s team in areas where our specialist knowledge and experience can play a major part in a projects development.
On time stages and completion – It is essential that the designers work in recognizable stages which culminate in a team report and client approval – short term targets are identified and closely monitored.
Economic construction costs – Achieving best value in relation to construction costs entails constructive engagement with the design teams to ensure that current best practice methods are given due consideration for incorporation into the design development process, not just in respect of capital costs but also from a life-cycle operating perspective.
Quality achievements – Quality standards are one of the first issues to agree with the client – these are benchmarked and costed.
Economic occupation costs – Decisions made on material selection and construction techniques affect the long term costs of running the project – life-cycle costing and value management techniques are applied to ensure informed decisions are made.
Comprehensive end user satisfaction – We will always engage with the end users or operators of the facility/project to ensure that their needs are being incorporated into the development – this is fundamental to ensuring that a facility is created that operates satisfactorily for the occupiers.
Fitch & Mcinsson have a reputation for delivering services which comprehensively satisfy and frequently exceed our Clients’ targets. We bring tried and tested procedures to appointments but also combine this with new and innovative solutions where appropriate. We aim to be flexible to the changing requirements of a project and above all, we strive to continually improve our service and outperform the expectations of our Client.
We believe that a number of key principles are brought together at our company in order to achieve the effective management of a project and ultimately the successful outcome of a development. These are:
- Close attention to detail and a careful and analytical review of all of the relevant project information and documentation.
- Specialist knowledge and experience gained over many years in different fields in order to ensure a realistic assessment and review of project cost planning and management services.
- Successful track record in the oversight of delivering large scale complex projects in challenging environments.
- A “can do” pro-active approach to problem solving.
- Extensive in depth knowledge of local planning and construction procedures throughout our areas of operation.
- Ability to advise on both procurement routes and the selection of consultants and contractors that are best suited to the individual projects, which we are overseeing.
- A much broader appreciation of “cost and value” than might historically have been required to aid the developer’s team in being able to balance expenditure in order to generate value from a development.
- The ability to conceptualize schemes from limited information.
- An ability to actively participate in development appraisals with a working knowledge and ability to assist in redirecting the team’s efforts, where necessary to add value from our involvement.
- We understand that our input in assisting with the identification of the optimum solution for a scheme may be fundamental to both obtaining investment and to securing the whole development, so we are always prepared to look at new innovative methods and proposals within our initial due-diligence reviews.
It is the appreciation of cost and value, together with safeguarding the design intent, which has enabled BHP to work so effectively with Architects and other design team members in order to be able to ensure that the right project is developed within the correct market place.
We have developed a diversified consultancy practice and we are able to offer the following services:
- Development Management; (Pull Down Text)
- Project Management;
- Cost Management;
- Lender’s Supervision;
- Property Management;
- Risk Management;
- Related Services
We have ability to manage the development process for construction projects from inception through to project delivery including:
- Establish and manage project development special purpose vehicles (SPV’s);
- Develop initial project concept;
- Site acquisition;
- Deal with planning permissions;
- Define project sustainability aspirations;
- Appointment and management of all consultants necessary for the project including designers, project managers and sustainability consultants;
- Arrange for Environmental & Social Impact assessments to be carried out;
- Arrange project finance;
- Management of development budgets;
- Develop project procurement strategy;
- Manage tender process of contractor selection;
- Advise on Forms of Agreement / Appointment;
- Appoint and manage consulting lawyers and accountants;
- Establish insurances in terms of PII and CAR are adequate for project needs;
- Provide project oversight during the construction stages through the provision of Employer’s / Owner’s Representative staff to deal with all matters relating to the project;
- Debt finance drawdown requests;
- Appointment and management of leasing agents;
Project Management Overview
We provide a complete Project Management service from inception of the project, throughout design development, construction and through to project completion. Acting as a single point of contact between Client, design team and contractors on all project issues, all instructions and communications are channeled through us. As a result, we are able to effectively coordinate the project with the full knowledge of the background and current status of all relevant matters, substantially reducing the management burden on our Clients.
Cost Management Overview
We control and review the costs at all stages of the project – from planning to design and throughout the construction process. Our approach to cost management is based on the use of modern sophisticated tools and techniques. This, combined with excellent training, enables us to provide high levels of Client service. Capitalising on our close links to leading Developer’s and our extensive knowledge of the marketplace, we can draw on an extensive selection of cost data to provide detailed advice supported by benchmarking of comparable developments.
Lender’s Supervision Overview
A traditional monitoring service, typically suited to Client’s requiring a monthly project audit to allow them to monitor the ongoing progress, coupled with approval of disbursement under a finance agreement.
The exact scope is tailored to suit the conditions precedent but will include an initial “zero” or baseline report with subsequent monthly monitoring reports covering programme, progress, cost and quality. A completion report addresses all matters associated with handover.
Property Management Overview
BHP will deal with the day to day property management of the property in terms of:
- property management & organization;
- management of data room;
- compile and maintain as-built documentation and general records:
- prepare property management reports;
- manage lease contracts;
- prepare annual property budgets;
- revenue collection;
- manage client accounts;
- address defaulting occupiers;
- manage service charge collection and payments;
- manage deposits;
- general management of the building;
- establish management policies for:
- calculation and management of services charge account;
- collection of rent, service charges and other monies;
- repair and maintenance of the building;
- operation of the building;
- appointing and managing contractors;
- health & safety compliance;
- tenant coordination;
- management of procurement;
- manage and maintain insurances relating to the building;
- undertake occupier liaison;
- energy management;
- building management systems;
- health & safety and fire safety;
- procurement of third party suppliers;
- management fees;
- disaster recovery and business continuity
– environmental statement;
– complaints procedures;
Risk Management Overview
Our approach to risk management is to establish a risk register which identifies key risks and assess:
- Overall level of risk;
- Risk effect;
- Management of risk;
- Ownership of risk;
- Strategy for risk mitigation where possible.
Typical risks to be addressed by the Risk Register include:
- Planning & Permitting
- Programme / Schedule
- Insurance, bonds, and guarantees
- Construction & renovation
- Health & Safety
We can provide bespoke services to suite Client requirements including:
- Construction Appraisals;
- Project Monitoring and Audits;
- Dispute Management;
- Procurement Advice;
- Sustainability Advice;
- Value Management;
- Bespoke technical expertise.